Version 1.0.1 03.04.19
We are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers and website visitors. Protecting our customers is at the heart of everything we do at Custom Tape LTD and protecting your information is no exception. We want you to know that we are not in the business of collecting unnecessary data, or selling, renting or trading email lists. We prefer to focus on offering an unrivalled quality of tape with competitive prices, whilst delivering a fantastic service. The aim of our website is to make it easy for you to find and enquire about the packaging you need, so you can get on with the rest of your day.
We want you to have the best experience possible, so we use session cookies to enable you to pick up where you left off, and we use software to analyse and help us to improve our website. Our contact form allows us to deliver tailored customer service, and allows us to contact you to answer specific requests.
Our full Privacy Statement follows:
PRIVACY STATEMENT REGARDING USE OF OUR WEB SHOPS
We would like to inform you about the personal data that will be processed when you use our contact form. This statement informs you about how we will use your data as a visitor to our website
1. Controller’s name and contact details
- Collection and storage of personal data as well as type, purpose and legal basis
a) When simply visiting our websites
b) When using the contact forms
- c) For collecting independent customer feedback
- Passing on data to third parties
a) For payment processing
b) Payment against invoice
c) Payment by credit card
d) Payment via PayPal
e) For shipment
5. Web analytics 8
a) Google Analytics 9
b) Google remarketing 9
c) Use of remarketing services 9
6. Rights of data subjects 10
7. Right of objection 10
8. Data security 11
9. Updates of and amendments to this privacy statement 11
- Controller’s name and contact details
This privacy statement applies to the processing of data by:
Custom Tape LTD
Tel: 01772 434 444
- Collection and storage of personal data as well as type, purpose and legal basis
- a) When simply visiting our websites
You can visit our websites without disclosing your identity. In any case, data will be collected in log files, via search engines and in forms.
The following information is collected without any input from you:The IP address of the requesting computer
• The date, duration and time of access
• The name and URL of the file accessed, i.e. the websites which you visit at our shop
• The website from which access was made (referrer URL)
• The browser you are using and, if applicable, your computer’s operating system, geographic origin, language setting and your access provider’s name
• When you use the search function on our websites, the search terms you entered
We process this data for the following purposes:
• To enable uninterrupted use of our Internet offering (connection establishment)
• To improve use of our website
• To ensure system security and stability
• For technical administration of the network infrastructure and to optimize the search function on our websites
• To track cases of misuse
The legal basis for processing the data is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest follows from the above-listed purposes of data collection. Under no circumstances will we use the data collected in order to draw conclusions about your person.
This data remains stored until it is automatically deleted. The data will be deleted when the above-mentioned purpose no longer exists.
- b) When using the contact forms
You can send us general enquiries using the contact forms provided on our website. A valid e mail address or telephone number must be provided so that we can respond to your enquiry.Any other personal data, such as your name, address or telephone number is not collected unless you voluntarily disclose this information. This data is collected in order to know who the enquiry originated from and to be able to answer it using your preferred channel (post, telephone or e mail).
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is based on Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent or on the basis of Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR and/or to safeguard our legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR.
It is our legitimate interest to be able to respond to customer enquiries and to thereby ensure functioning customer service.
The personal data which we collect when the contact form is used will be deleted after your request has been dealt with, unless we are obliged to store it for a longer period of time pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. c GDPR because of storage and documentation obligations under tax and commercial law.
- c) For collecting independent customer feedback
We believe in transparency and strive to provide the best standard of service in the packaging industry. That is why we ask customers to rate us and comment on their experience on independent third party websites.Your feedback helps us to monitor our service delivery and customer satisfaction. It also alerts us if things have gone wrong, so that we can put things right where possible. It helps to keep customer service highly transparent and visible, and every positive ‘5 star’ feedback motivates our team.
In order to invite you to review us, independently, we pass on your email address and transaction reference to Trustpilot, 1 St Martin’s Le Grand, 7th Floor, London EC1A 4NP, Tel. 0203 889 8444. According to GDPR, such data processing is also lawful as our legitimate interest on the basis of Art. 6 (1) lit. F thereof.
- Passing on data to third parties
- a) For payment processing
Your personal data will be passed on to third parties to the extent permitted by law and required pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. b GDPR for the purpose of maintaining contractual relationships with you.This includes, in particular, the transfer of payment data to payment service providers or banking institutes in order to carry out payment transactions. These third parties are not permitted to use this data passed on to them for any other than the aforementioned purposes.
- b) Payment against invoice
If you wish to purchase against invoice, we will require an account application, and obtain credit information from Risk Disc (Experian) and a decision will be made based upon the outcome of the reports. Once a decision is made, invoices will be sent upon the dispatch of your order with a standard 30-day payment window. Failure to pay within the 30-day contract unless otherwise agreed will result in future orders being put on hold until satisfied.
- c) Payment by credit card
When you pay by credit card (Visa/MASTER Card), the payment data which you enter will be recorded and stored and not passed on to any company other than those involved in the payment process.When paying by credit card, you accept the payment provider’s Terms and Conditions. We will not collect or store payment data in this case.
Data is processed for the purpose of payment processing.
- d) Payment via PayPal
- e) For shipment
We always strive to ship your items within a 7-10 working day turnaround.Your personal data will be passed on to third parties to the extent permitted by law and required pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. b GDPR for the purpose of maintaining contractual relationships with you.
This includes the transmission of data to the shipping service provider. Data is processed for the purpose of shipping your order.
Cookies do no damage your device, nor do they contain viruses, Trojans or other malware.
We use the so-called session cookies in order to recognise that you already visited certain pages of our website. Other cookies remain on your device for a certain defined period of time.
Data processing by cookies is necessary for the above-mentioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is generated. However, complete deactivation of cookies can mean that you will not be able to use all of the functions of our website.
- Web analytics
Like many other providers, Custom Tape LTD also uses various methods to analyse the use of our websites.
The tracking and targeting measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
We use these tracking measures in order to ensure a requirement-compliant design and the continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures in order to statistically analyse the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offering for you.
The targeting measures used by us are designed to ensure that you only receive advertising on your devices that is oriented towards your actual or assumed interests.
These interests are to be deemed to be legitimate within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories are described in the corresponding tracking and targeting tools.
- a) Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (‘Google’). This is an effective tool for evaluating and marketing our website.
Google may also forward this information to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google.
Under no circumstances will Google associate the IP address with other Google data.
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking this link. This will set an opt-out cookie which will prevent your data from being recorded when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
- b) Google remarketing
This website uses the remarketing function of Google Inc. (‘Google’).The purpose of this function is to present interest-based advertisements to visitors to the website as part of the Google advertising network. The visitor’s browser stores cookies that enable recognition of the visitor when visiting websites that belong to Google’s advertising network. These pages can then present advertisements to the visitor relating to content previously accessed by the visitor on websites that use Google’s remarketing function.
- c) Use of remarketing services
This website uses no remarketing services currently.
- Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
• pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR to request information regarding your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if this was not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their details;
• pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to demand immediate rectification of incorrect data or completion of personal data stored by us;
• pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to request erasure of your personal data stored by us unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
• pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to restrict the processing of your personal data in as far as you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you reject the erasure of data and we no longer need the data, but if you need such data in order to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have filed an objection to processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
• pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to revoke your prior consent at any time. As a result, we are then no longer permitted to continue processing data based on this consent in the future and
• pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, to complain to a regulatory authority. For this purpose, you can generally contact the regulatory authority responsible for your usual place of residence or workplace or our company’s registered office.
The contact details of the regulatory authority responsible for our company’s registered office are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF, Tel 0303 123 1113 https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
- Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR in as far as the reasons for this are based on your specific situation or if you object to direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection which we will implement without the need to specify a particular situation.
For any data protection matters simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject of Custom Tape LTD Customer Data Request. We reserve the right to require proof of identity before responding to such requests.
- Data security
Please remember that transmitting information and data over the Internet always poses a security risk. We have therefore implemented technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data. These measures protect your data from unauthorized processing, loss, as well as unauthorized alteration and unauthorized access. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.Our website is protected by SSL and HTTPS secure connection.
- Updates of and amendments to this privacy statementThis data protection declaration is currently valid and has the revision status as per version 1.0.1.
Due to the further development of our website and offerings on this website or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to revise this privacy statement. You can view and print the latest version of this privacy statement at any time on the website.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY:
Version 1.0.0 03.04.19
This Policy sets out Custom Tape LTD strategic commitment to data protection. It is the policy of business to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information owned by both Custom Tape LTD and clients is maintained in order to:
• Ensure continued quality of service
• Meet the business contractual, legal and regulatory obligations
• Meet the needs and expectations of other interested parties.
Information security management shall be treated as an integral part of management activities and will be pursued in the same manner and with the same vigour as other managerial objectives.
The company shall comply with Data Protection Guidelines issued.
Custom Tape LTD is committed to ensuring that personal data:
- is processed fairly and lawfully
• is only obtained for specified and lawful purposes
• is adequate, relevant and not excessive to the purpose(s) of which it is processed
• is accurate and kept up to date
• is not kept for longer than is necessary
• is processed in accordance with the rights of the data subjects
• is kept secure and is protected from unauthorised and unlawful processing and against accidental loss or destruction or damage by appropriate technical and organisational measures
• is not transferred to a country or territory outside of the EEA unless an adequate level of protection and rights and freedoms of the data subject(s) are ensured
“data subject(s)”, “personal data” and “sensitive personal data” have the meanings defined within the Data Protection Act. This policy, supporting policies and procedures will be subject to periodic internal audit and may be subject to external audits as necessary by the Information Commissioner. Staff may raise concerns relating to the handling of their personal data, either with their line manager or Human Resources, or formally through the Business grievance procedure. The Business recognises data subject’s rights to raise a Subject Access Request. A formal request from a data subject for information that is held must be made in writing.
All personnel are required to play an active role in the protection of company assets and treat information security appropriately in order that this purpose can be achieved.
To support this Policy, the management overseeing security and risk will produce subject specific policies and supporting procedures which will be reviewed and updated in response to changes in risks faced by the Business, legislation, regulation, contractual obligations and operational working practices.
The business recognises the need for continual improvement. The information security management system is constantly reviewed and any changes are communicated to all relevant employees and interested parties.
The Heads and Directors will be responsible and have authority for communicating and implementing this policy, supporting policies and procedures within their area of responsibility and will ensure individual accountability.
All personnel (i.e. permanent staff, contractors and temporary staff) will adhere to this Policy, supporting policies and procedures.
Failure to comply with this policy, subject specific policies and supporting procedures, may result in disciplinary action being taken.
This Policy and the business performance in meeting its requirements will be monitored and reviewed as a minimum, on an annual basis.
Custom Tape Ltd Cookies
Cookies make websites work better
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites or sometimes by emails. They provide useful information to companies, which helps in all sorts of ways. For you, it means you can use the site more efficiently and save time by not having to re-enter your details each time you visit. They also make sure you receive the most relevant information from Custom Tape Ltd. For us, cookies help us to analyse how our customers interact with our sites so we can make improvements.
We use three types of cookies on our website
- Session cookies that are deleted after each visit.
- Persistent cookies that remain in place across multiple visits to our sites.
- Third party cookies that are used by our approved business partners.
Some of these cookies are essential and some are non-essential.
Some cookies are essential
Certain cookies are necessary in order for you to use our website. These are used ‘in-session’ each time you visit and then expire when you leave the site. They’re not stored on your computer and they don’t contain any personal data. However, you can delete them via your browser if you wish to, but this will restrict the functions that you’re able to carry out on our sites. For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the About Cookies website
Some cookies are non-essential
These cookies are usually supplied by our business partners and help us to filter out irrelevant messages or pop-ups and to make sure that we only send you information that’s interesting and relevant to you. We also use some non-essential cookies for analytical purposes.
You can accept or block cookies
You can block any cookies from any website through your browser settings. For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the About cookies website
These cookies make it quicker and easier for you to access sites on subsequent visits that use Flash technology. Deleting them means you may have to re-enter information each time you visit the same site. But just like any cookie, you can delete Flash cookies by going to the Settings Manager for your Adobe Flash Player. You will be taken to the Adobe website, which lists the websites with the cookies in your browser. Just click Delete opposite the relevant website.
Find out more
You’ll find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org, which gives details on how to delete cookies from your computer. For information on how to do this on your mobile phone browser, please see your handset manual.